Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So, this is the blog, the blog that jack built.

No, not really. Blogger built it, I just hit little buttons and made things pretty.

So, I suppose I should make a bit of a mission statement for this blog

El Mission Statement:
  • A place to share funny stories (with details removed of course) of life as a 'instructor' of an elementary school afterschool program.
  • A place to occasionally rant about education issues, politics, or whoever pisses me off at the time. (Drivers, politicians, professors, other bloggers, etc.)
  • I'm a sci-fi dork, sometimes, I just have to squee. You, can deal.
  • Nothing really, I just like having four points.
I work at an 'independent' school, which, pretty much means none of the hassles of public school, but you end up with some parents that REALLY need to get a life. If you've ever seen Upstairs, Downstairs that old British series about live in servants in the Edwardian era you'll understand. In this case, it's the clash between lower middle class teachers/administrators and many parents with more money than they know what to do with.

So, here are observations, stories, and just life.

No comments: